A new hack by a Chinese manufacturer will allow you to make your iPhone 4/4S’s Apple logo glow. Much like the MacBook’s, the logo will glow once you turn the device on. K.O. Gadget, the maker of this mod, says it can be done at home in less than five minutes. For $42, K.O. Gadget will send you the kit to perform this hack, and obviously it would void your iPhone’s warranty.
The mod is so easy because all you’re doing is replacing the back panel on your iPhone. The backpanel has a transparent Apple logo that allows light to pass through, but the key is the “light strip” that you add in. You can see this take place in the video below.
The added light strip and custom backing doesn’t add any thickness to the device, because it uses the same glass material that Apple uses. K.O. Gadget also says there isn’t any over heating issues or battery life issues. If you’re the adventurous type, this is something definitely worth checking out. Check out the install process below:
- Remove the 2 screws flanking the iPhone’s dock connector port
- Slide open and remove the rear panel
- Remove the 5 screws near the flash
- Lift up the power connector of the screen
- Position the light panel, then connect and mount it using the 3M sticker (details will be provided after purchase)
- Replace the 5 screws near the flash
- Slide on the included rear panel with the transparent logo (so that the light is visible through it)
- Replace the 2 remaining screws flanking the dock connector port