ABC News has launched a new Apple TV channel that will allow users to stream live and on-demand content to the set-top box for free. Apple has also added other channels that wont require users to have a subscription such as PBS Kids, AOL On, Willow TV, a sports channel dedicated to international cricket and a redesigned Flickr app.
ABC News on Apple TV offers more choices for how, when and where to get the video content you want. Unlike other news offerings, ABC News provides a robust line-up of original and on-demand content and up to four live streaming events at once, allowing viewers to select and view the live news they care about most. From court trials and breaking news to the daily White House press briefing, live continuous coverage of the day’s top stories, videos and more are instantly accessible with ABC News on Apple TV.
These features are included on the new ABC News channel:
– 24/7 access to live and on-demand video with four separate live video streams to choose from.
– Video news updates on the hour and four to five live reports per day to cover breaking news.
– Local content from nine television stations around the United States: WABC (New York), KABC (Los Angeles), WLS (Chicago), WPVI (Philadelphia), KGO (San Francisco), KTRK (Houston), WTVD (Raleigh), KFSN (Fresno), and WISN (Milwaukee).
– Curated stories and videos highlighting the top news stories of the moment, updated throughout the day.
– 50 years of historical footage from ABC News’ archives, including “This Week in History” and “The Day in Pictures” features.
ABC News channel is only available in the U.S for the moment, but there is talks of expanding worldwide soon.